Thursday, February 4, 2010

What the H?

Ok, this is actually my first blog post. Like, ever. Lame. What can I say, I watched Julie and Julia a couple months ago and I want to blog my experience, because I feel like accomplishing this workout program is going to be just as epic as getting through that ginormous cookbook!! So yes, it's almost "go time" for P90x. It's going to be brutal. 6 days a week for 90 days. 13 weeks. 78 workouts. Go time is 6 a.m. every morning. Each workout is 60 to 90 minutes long. The very first day we do something called the "Ab Ripper". What the h? Why don't they just call it "Jack the Ripper" b/c that's what it's going to do to my abs!! I'm going to die. And - if we want results - evidently we should adhere to a strict nutrition program at the same time. High protein (ok), low fat (ew), and low carbs (just shoot me now). But accountability is key, and I'm tired of being soft, so we're going to conquer this beast! And get ripped!! Yeah!! Tonight we are taking "before" pictures and body measurements. Maybe we'll post the pics.... if they're not too hideous. Workouts start Monday Feb 8, even though I have a bum foot, but that's a story for another day. Nothing a little Vitamin I can't fix. :)

Cheers! Laura

2 comments:

  1. Hey, where are all your followers? So Day 1 wasn't so bad. I was expecting death. We can totally do this!! I just have to get the nutrition plan down. That's the hardest part for me. ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. L, its shoulders and legs today for me plus 15 min doing core exercises...that means Swiss ball Plank ugh. All that is after 30 min on the bike to warm up. My chest and tris are hit after yesterday.

    Tally ho!

    ReplyDelete