Friday, February 12, 2010

Boys Night is Bad for the X-Ing

So, it's Friday. Today was "Legs and Back". Chad already talked about "Yoga X" from Thursday, which is my least fave so far. The Yoga was pretty darn hard, and Tony D. kept reminding me how much I sucked at it. "Your heels should be on the floor" - F. "Your back should be straight" - F. "While you have 3 limbs suspended in the air, reach down and grab your standing leg" - Biff. "Always breathe" - F. I do have to give Tony credit because he has an uncanny way of knowing what I'm doing. He usually starts with "now I don't want to see this..." and then he describes exactly what I'm doing, and then I have to be like "dangit!" and try to fix it, and then it's even harder. Stupid Yoga. It would be cool if I was flexible. At all.

So last night was Boys Night, this long-standing (assanine) tradition where my hubby and his circle of trust get together for beers or mixies, they watch sports or comedy, and pretty much just hang out for a night. No girls allowed. Testosterone abounds. This often happens at my house, which I'm cool with, I have plenty of places I can go. Then when I get home I wrinkle my nose because my house smells like a bachelor pad (somehow magically they accomplish this after only a few hours) and I kick out the last remaining boys because Mike and I have to work the next day. Plus did I mention I'm X-ing the next day? Of course I did. The actual Boys Night event wasn't the problem last night, it was the after-effects. I think I woke up 6 times (not exaggerating) last night because Mike was snoring in my ear. I am lucky and Mike is very good at rolling over if I nudge him or ask him to, and then the snoring stops temporarily. But that doesn't erase the fact that I woke up in the first place! And Boys Night is a crazy night for my dog, Natty, too. They all love her and treat her right, but she eats like crap and she gets all worked up, and then she can't sleep. And when she gets squirrelly during the night, Mike doesn't even notice much less wake up (recall: he has had a few beers and is snoring at this point). And I'm sleeping light anyway because I'm paranoid about not hearing my p90x alarm, so the dog wakes me up. And I get up and let her out, or tend to her, or whatever the H the damn dog needs in the middle of the night. Then of course the actual morning comes WAY too fast.

It's 5 a.m., I cook my breakfast, apparently I make a mess (Mike tells me later), and I manage to get to Chad's by 6. I'm very excited because for the first time since Monday, my triceps don't hurt! For today's nice 'n easy workout (sha!) - "Legs and Back" - all kinds of Lunges, Wall Sits, one-leg Wall Sits, Pull Ups, and plenty more. I am tired, and I get a little woozy and have to put my head between my knees a few times. I shake an angry fist and blame Boys Night!! But we make it through the workout, and that blasted "Ab Ripper X". My triceps hurt again. Grr.

Also last night I went to the grocery store to stock up on my p90x diet. I am not struggling with the food as much as Chad is. I have a breakfast sandwich in the morning, a shake after workout, a powerbar mid morning, and a normal lunch (sandwich, fruit, string cheese). I eat a handful of almonds in the afternoon, and then my dinner is 6 oz of meat, 2 C veggies, and a cup of cottage cheese. If I'm lucky, Mike cooks for us, and the meat is chicken breast - a far cry from Veggie Dogs (gag). So I'm normally OK with food, but last night all I wanted to do was buy chips. And the devil obviously went to Save Mart and put all the awesome chips on awesome sales just to tempt me even more. I stayed strong.

Then today my evil coworkers ordered pizza, glorious fresh meaty greasy pizza, which arrived at the office at 11:30 a.m. so I could smell it for the next 6 hours. I thought maybe if I ate my lame ham sandwich while breathing in the pizza smell, it would taste like pizza - F. I swear as soon as we're done with this workout program, I'm getting on a plane and flying to Chicago, and going directly from the airport to Gino's East where I will sit down and consume an entire deep dish pizza by myself!

Tomorrow is "Kenpo X", which appears to be alot like kickboxing. I'm going to pretend all my punches are aimed at Tony D. And then we're done with Week 1! And we get Sunday off! We're supposed to Stretch, but I already know the outcome of "you should be stretching" - F.

Olympics Time! - Laura

1 comment:

  1. I know its old but I must post anyway. At the end of this all I will meet you in Chicago and I will buy you dinner at Gino's! I will totally be in the mood for something like that anyway.

    Love ya, and rock on!

    ReplyDelete