Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Good Morning, Lord!

Yeah, right, more like "Good Lord, it's Morning!". Today I was a couple minutes late getting to Chad's (woopsie daisy!), and we did Arms & Shoulders, which I actually kinda liked. Most of the exercises were manageable, and I wasn't wheezing by the end. But just in case you thought this workout might end with a "happily ever after", enter the Ab Ripper X. I literally heard my abs out loud screaming this morning! (or maybe that was Chad, haha). No seriously, it really hurt.

Then today I faced a paradox that I'm sure every P90X-er goes through: Option A. drink lots of water like the program says to for maximum effectiveness or Option B. never drink any water ever again because that means I will have to go to the bathroom, which requires SITTING DOWN. Thank goodness my bathroom at work has one of those handicap bars so I can hold onto something while easing myself on and off the toilet! Are you kidding me!? Will I have no dignity left by the end??

And naturally I'm still struggling with the simple things like tucking my hair behind my ear (hurts my tricep) or using the steering wheel to turn corners (hurts my shoulders). And Chad told me he had to "crawl up" some stairs today. Good times.

Tomorrow we do "Yoga X", which sounds like a nice break, but something tells me it might not be as easy as all that. Ah heck, we'll try it anyway. Nighty night, - Laura

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing my ass off - only b/c I can totally relate to the handicap-bar-assist! You're inspiring me to get my butt off the couch and back in shape...keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete