Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Um, are we done yet?

OK, so I'm trying to get ready for bed b/c I get up at an insane hour now, but I can't because I can't pull my shirt over my head! What! I asked Mike to help but all he does is poke me in the abs and then laughs at me when I cry like a little girl and beg him to stop. Oh, plus I can't sneeze because it hurts my stomach! And I can tell my legs are going to megahurt soon - they don't yet, but I can just tell, dangit! It's like when weather is way off in the distance - it's only a matter of time!

But, I need to give this more than 2 days. So just like last night and the night before, I'm going to go to sleep in my workout clothes, and I'm going to put my alarm clock in the kitchen so I have to walk all the way down the hall to turn it off at 5 a.m. (sorry Mike). Then I'm going to eat breakfast and take a nap until 5:45 when I will roll off the couch, brush my teeth, and drive to Chad's. Sooooo, as long as we don't work any muscles in my arms, neck, back, legs, or abs tomorrow, I should be good to go! Let's see, what does the schedule for tomorrow say? Oh wonderful, "Shoulders and Arms", followed by "Ab Ripper X". Sweet, no problem.... (Translate: $$$HHHIIITTT!!!)

On a positive note, I'm stoked because we made it through the first two workouts. Yes, Chad puked. And yes, I cheated and used a chair for assistance on the pull-ups. And yes, I did a few lady-style pushups. (If you know me and for some odd reason we've talked about push-ups, then you know that I am morally opposed to lady-style pushups, so this was an especially pride-crushing episode for me.) But! The rest of it was do-able. Like, I'm not at 100% and I'm definitely freakin' sore, but I'm pretty sure I can power through this.

I'm going to bed now. It's going to take me 5 minutes to pull the covers up to my chin.
- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment