Monday, February 1, 2010

The Final(?) Countdown

I'm sitting in Chicago's Midway Airport after a week of eating a bunch of garbage (Buffalo Wild Wings not once, but twice! Chipotle, Chili's, Jimmy John's, etc.) and drinking several beers while catching up with old friends throughout the week. All the while what's hovering over my head is the fact that in just under 24 hours, Laura and I will be commencing with what will prove to be one of the biggest challenges to my body since playing volleyball in college. Only this will be different. I'm not 22 anymore...shocking, I know. My diet back then was at the mercy of a decent college cafeteria and the metabolism of a horse. Needless to say, neither of those things are true for me anymore. I'm known as many things among my friends and family, but "cook" isn't one of them. The workouts will be a challenge, though I'm confident I'll meet those challenges and succeed. What I'm less confident about is maintaining a healthy diet which appears to be the biggest threat to maximizing results in the next 90 days...and of course continuing the diet and exercise after we're done. The same people who don't call me "cook" also do not call me "morning person". 6am, 5 days a week?? I haven't seen a schedule like that since working those summer jobs for which I was always thankful I was going to college at the end of those three months! But, believe it or not, 6am is going to be the least of my worries! I'm excited though...we're going to have some great stories I'm sure. Check back later for some pics (though probably not "before" pics...well, maybe we'll show you those after we're done)!

chad

No comments:

Post a Comment