Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Official...

I officially HATE 5:30am. Seriously, I want to punch it in the face, and that's not just the protein talking. Did I tell you that in the first couple weeks of p90x I began to develop what Laura and I dubbed "protein rage"? 7 servings of protein a day is what caused it, but by weeks 3 and 4, my body got used to it and it had cooled down considerably. Now, any kind of rage that rears its ugly head is most likely due to the fact that 5:30am NEEDS TO DIE! I go to bed plenty early...I think last night was by 9:30pm again and I'm still so bloody tired in the morning. If I don't achieve the results I'm hoping for at the end of this it will be because I have zero energy to do these crazy one-arm pushups and pushups while clapping hands in between each one!

Today marked the beginning of Phase 2. That means, the diet changes and the workouts change. I now only have to eat 6 servings of protein, 2 servings of dairy (goodbye nonfat plain yogurt!), 3 servings of vegetables (goodbye 8oz of vegetable juice), AND I get to ADD 2 servings of carbs! Hello bread and potatoes!!!!!

Switching to the next phase also means taking body measurements and photos. The photos don't show much after 30 days (and won't be seen much either), but the proof is in the numbers. In the first 30 days I lost 5 pounds, an inch off my waist, an inch off my hips, and gained an inch on my chest. Arms and thighs stayed the same.

The next 4 weeks should be interesting...I've got the diet down, the workouts will come along, but this exhaustion thing is going to make me grumpy, so watch out!!

chad

1 comment:

  1. HaHaHa!!!! I can't stop laughing! Try 3 years of waking up before the crack of dawn. I'm up every morning between 4:30 and 5:30. I am just as much a NON morning person as you and yes it SUCKS! There for a short time I thought perhaps after 3 years I was finally getting used to my insanely early work schedule. It was all wishful thinking. I'll NEVER like mornings...EVER.

    Some days I want to punch everyone who walks through my office at 7:00 am squealing their over energized "Good Morning" at me. Instead I give them the stink eye and remind them I don't become fully coherent until NOON so please have some pity. There is nothing "good" about waking up at the crack of dawn...NOTHING! So yeah, I sympathize. I'm thinking after iWorship breaks for the summer I may take the 9am shift....do people really start work that late? Sounds like heaven to me!

    ReplyDelete