Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I’m crapping you negative

This is what I was going to blog last Thursday – i just forgot to post it. Woops!

Good news - I’m back on the bandwagon with the diet. My cheating has been reduced to sugar free candy, fat free hot cocoa, pico for munching, and of course the original cheat: coffee with real sugar plus half-n-half. I still don’t have the timing down – like, I tend to eat in chunks rather than spread throughout the day, but whatever, freakin’ close enough.

Mike is going strong with the diet too. His modified version is that he doesn’t do the protein shake or the powerbar (because he’s not working out), but he drinks as much beer as he wants, and he has a cheat meal every weekend, which is invariably pizza. He’s lost 16 pounds in 4 weeks! He is a machine!

This week Chad & I got some new videos and some new moves. Monday was “Chest, Shoulders, Triceps” and Wednesday was “Back and Biceps”. Anytime Tony’s videos include the word “Back”, that means there are going to be flippin’ pullups. I still can’t do pullups, especially right after I get done curling 15# weights, but I use a chair for help and do what I can. Tony and his minions have this phrase they keep repeating: “Do your best.....and forget the rest”. What a cheeseball. Besides, easy for them to say – they can do the dang pullups!

Anyway, add to my former feeble attempts at the standard “wide arm pullups”, “close grip pullups”, “switch grip pullups” and “chinups”. Now I can also say that I stink at “towel pullups” and “corn cob pullups”. Towel pullups are crazy! And for the Corn Cob you pull up like normal, then while you’re holding yourself up there, you move side to side and back to front. Then you can come back down and do it all over again. WHAT! I can’t even do the up and down, not to mention all that other BS! Needless to say that was a literal exercise in futility. But I gotta say, it’s kinda fun. The workouts are all mixed up so they go by pretty fast. Plus my biceps are starting to get solid – they don’t stick out too much yet, but they’re firmer.

Unfortunately, the “Ab Ripper X” did not go away after Phase I. We are still ripping our stomachs apart 3 times per week, and we will until the end (minus “Recovery Weeks”). It’s so killer, but I dare say even Ab Ripper is getting easier.

The P90X buzz out there states that we might not see great results at Day 30, but we will start to see them by Day 45, which is right about when we’re going to celebrate the half-way point with a huge cheat meal at a taqueria. Ole!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment