Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Four Pack

Phase 3!! Less than 5 weeks to go. Props to us – we haven’t missed a workout yet! I am seeing some results, my muscles are showing up a little bit more, like my arms and back are showing some definition. No 6 pack yet, but I can say I have a 4 pack, which is still brand new to me. My stomach has certainly been flatter at other times in my life, that’s for sure, but having a little definition is kindof a fun change. And speaking of my non-flat stomach, let me just segway into the diet commentary.

Uh yeah, screw this diet. I don’t make super horrible decisions, but I make small poor decisions all the time. So my punishment is just – I am not losing weight, and my stomach remains somewhat “paunched”. But thanks to the workouts I’m not gaining any weight either. So on we go. Lent is over now which means I can have beers. So far I’ve had half a Miller High Life – I know, exciting. I’m getting the taste in my mouth because I’m going to be required to drink 32s of High Life on my birthday in June. Yes, the big three-two. I’ve been a “thirty something” something for a year now, but that doesn't mean I’m ok with it. Oh well, when the options are either “get old” or “die”, whaddaya do?

This week I've been slacking about the 6 a.m. time frame and have been getting to Chad’s more like 6:30. He pretty much expects it by now, but we always exchange courtesy texts at like 5:30 a.m., which is crazy to me. Anyone else in my life would be like “what the h?” if I texted at 5:30 a.m. The delayed mornings will change next week though – I’ve just been calling this my version of a “spring break”. I know – working out a half an hour later is pretty lame compared to Disneyland or Panama City, but such is life.

I’m so tired of working my big muscles, especially my legs. I liked today’s workout when it was all about shoulders, biceps and triceps. That is so much easier than lunging and squatting and leap frogging. Plyometrics is every Tuesday – it’s all jump training, and as Tony puts it – “puts the ‘X’ in P90X”. That it does. It’s high impact and fairly extreme. I know it’s good for me, but I’m sick of it, ok?

We did discover some weeks ago that we can do Yoga inside – anytime we get to move the workouts inside out of the cold garage, I consider it a treat. So tomorrow at 6 a.m. won’t be so bad after all. Moving inside, delaying workouts, adjusting schedules – Chad and I are master adapters in order to make sure we conquer this goal. Well, obviously I am not exactly a master adapter when it comes to the diet, but hbwc? In case we haven’t talked lately, that means “how ‘bout who cares?”

I find a couple delights in my mornings though. Every day after the workout we drink a protein shake – I just got a new one from the health food store called “ultimate protein”, and it tastes hecka good. Chad said it smells like candy - heck yeah! I always pound it. Then when I come home to shower & get ready for work, Mike is already gone so I get to park in the middle of the garage. For some reason, I freakin’ love to park in the middle of a garage. And then pretty much every day I stand in the shower until I run out of hot water. Not exactly cost-efficient, but soooooo bueno nonetheless.

Toodles! - L

No comments:

Post a Comment